5 Life-saving Superhero Skills
(as learned from Batman!!!)
1) Ninja Skills are your #1 asset. Bruce Wayne went into the mountains to learn to fight, survive, and hone his skills before he took them onto the streets of Gotham. He toiled at the feet of his ninja master, he did things he didn’t trust himself to do, but his master knew they were possible.
Lesson: Get a mentor. Listen, learn, study. And then go out and use those bad-ass ninja skills in your own world.
2) Your experiences show you who you are really meant to be. A young Bruce watched his parents get shot and killed in the streets of his hometown. He grew up knowing that he wanted to bring justice to his city and rid the streets of violence and crime. So he did.
Lesson: Take a look at where you came from. What really hit home for you? Where can you truly be of service? Go do that.
3) Always expect the unexpected. The girls, the villains, the citizens, Batman never knew what was going to happen to him. He just knew that he had a job to do, something he was committed to and loved doing every single day. By expecting the unexpected, Batman gets to be surprised by life, and therefore, himself.
Lesson: Live in the moment. Pay attention to everything around you, and roll with it.
4) Duality can be a good thing. Who is Batman during the day? Bruce Wayne, of course. Yep, Batman has a day job, and it works for him – it gives him the security he needs, allows for him to see his community in a different light, and brings in a steady stream of fulfillment that fighting crime simply can’t do for him (such as delicious dinners and a girlfriend or two)
Lesson: Be a force to reckon with at work, but know when to turn it off. This is the difference between a work-a-holic and a real human being.
5) Get help when you need it. Batman had Robin (well, for a little while). Robin did what Batman didn’t have time to do and was learning at the side of a great hero. It was pretty much a win/win situation.
Lesson: Ask for help, delegate out what you suck at, and know when a partnership is needed and when it is not.
No superhero comes by their work easily. But now you can do YOUR superhero work with Batman-like skills. No protective suit required.