You’re running your software company, but you’re at a point where the constant churn of new customers from your trial is wearing you thin.
The party of figuring out the missing link is no longer fun, and you just want to take a long nap instead of dealing with it.
Bottom line - you need a way to onboard your new customers into a trial, convert them to paid customers, and retain those customers over time. Adding more features to your product just isn't going to get you there. Staring at the problem longer won't either.
You need to focus on the parts of the business you're best at:
- Improving the app
- Leading your customer success team
- Keeping those books balanced
- Finding new customers and selling them this incredible thing you built
Most of all, you want to know that you're doing all of this for actual paying customers. Customers who don't take one peek at the product, get overwhelmed, and run. Customers who are invested in your product and your team from Day 1. Customers who stay customers for life.
Look, running a software company is hard. Building an app people want is hard. And keeping people around and using that app over time? Well, it's all made a hell of a lot easier with the right email marketing in place.
You are a smart, technical, gifted founder (dammit!). Your absolute best work is done building your app, running your team, and selling the crap out of that amazing product you built. You're probably also pretty good at putting out fires at this point.
You simply don't have time to dive deep into your onboarding process to see what's working and what's not.
And that's where we come in.
During a conversion and churn audit, we’ll take a look at what you have in place already and give you a working game plan for improvements. We'll even tell you what you already have going for you – there's no sense in starting completely from scratch if you don't have to!
Here's how it works:
- You give us access to your ESP.
- We get familiar with your ideal customers. Through a Sales Safari to find out what's most important to your customers, we'll find out what will resonate with them, and what you can let go of for now. This part will take 10 days, max.
- Once we've each done our homework, we'll get to work on those emails. You'll get written notes and a recorded walkthru video for you. You'll find out what works for your ideal customers and what doesn't, and any changes we'd recommend you make.
- You schedule our followup call for the following week.
- We'll have a 45-minute follow up call to go over your questions, add any final parting thoughts, and see what else we can work on together.
Who are we to tell you all of this about your onboarding and customer retention?
Headed up by Val Geisler (named an "email onboarding powerhouse" by Litmus), the Fix My Churn team is 100% focused on changing your customer churn number for good.
Val alone has spent the last six years deep in the world of customer experience and research. She built the content and email marketing for a fast-growing startup, wrote around the Internet about what makes for good email, and she is an introvert who loves figuring out how people think. Like, she really love it.
She also spent over a decade behind the scenes of everything from non-profits to multi-six-figure businesses, and has the innate ability to think big picture and minute details at the exact same time. While this drives her husband and COO Greg a bit crazy, it works out really well for growing software companies.